New Zealanders for Health Research is the nation’s only dedicated public education and advocacyalliance committed to making health research a higher priority in New Zealand.
Our members span industry, patient advocacy groups, charities and research institutions. Together, our diverse alliance represents the interests of a broad community all working together to promote health and prosperity for New Zealanders.
Investment in health research is of vital importance. Not only does it improve the health and quality of people’s lives now and in the future, it also supports New Zealand’s economy through the emergence of new businesses and knowledge-based jobs for kiwis. Our voice promotes health and prosperity for New Zealand and New Zealanders.
Our four key aims are to:
- Build a society that values the benefits that research for health in all forms delivers;
- Increase the level of investment in health research from all sources – philanthropic ,
- industry, and government;
- Ensure New Zealand captures the benefits from generating new health-based businesses and
- jobs to strengthen our country’s global economic position; and
- Support and promote New Zealand’s global position in health research.